Growing up, many of us read about super heroes that come and save the day. Wearing capes & flying through the sky, these super powered individuals rescue us from danger and make a difference in the world.
As we get older, our heroes change from wearing tights and capes to those every day men and women who stand tall in the face of fear and steadfast in the face of evil. Our heroes today are the ones doing what they can, with what they have, to make a positive difference – even if in just one other person’s life.
Most people incorrectly believe themselves incapable of “making a difference.” In their eyes, and sometimes our eyes, we believe that we are only one person – how can just one person make any kind of difference?I’d challenge back to those people that every positive difference is made because of one person’s decision to choose courage & right over comfort.
- A driver who rolls down their window and shares water & food with someone standing at the street light needing help.
- A coach who pours countless thankless hours into building a gym and community that changes people’s health and lives.
- A woman who refuses to give up her seat on a bus because she is equal and deserves to be treated as such.
Never doubt your power to make a positive impact on someone else’s life or the world. It’s not the superhero in tights that saves the day, it is the ordinary person who gives the effort & takes action.
You can make a difference because you are a difference maker.
Our newest releases were created to support difference makers in our community.
The sales from our Difference Maker series benefit two non-profits in their battle against cancer.
1. The “Teal” collection benefit the Be the Difference Foundation & their fight against Ovarian Cancer.
2. The “Orange” collection benefit the Cycle for Survival & their fundraising efforts for the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK).