It helps remind me that success is up to me everyday. It’s a choice to become better and that’s what I want in my life.
1. Tell us a little about yourself.
Hi my name is Megan Gaither I’m 33 years old and am in the best shape of my life thanks to CrossFit, a good diet and motivation from those around me. I have a BS for UNT in applied behavior analysis and criminal justice. I work for Denton county juvenile probation. I have been with them for 10 years.
I joined the Army reserves in 2010. I deployed to Kuwait in 2014-2015 as a black hawk mechanic. I’m currently a civil affair Sargent(E-5) with the 490th in Grand Prairie. I have been coachingCrossFit since February of 2016 and got my level 1 CrossFit cert in June 2016. I play rec-league softball on a coed team on Friday nights and I have a puppy named Samantha (Sammi), she is a black lab that is too cute.
2. What’s a typical day look like for you?
- 0430: wake up
- 515/615: coach crossfit at Blackiron crossfit
- 715-815: workout
- 10am-730pm: work(juvenile probation)
- 8-9pm: workout(weights/yoga)
- 10: BED TIME!!
3. What’s one goal you’re currently training to accomplish this year?
I’m trying to start handstand walking.
4. What’s one life goal you’re currently pursuing outside of fitness?
I am working to get a promotion for E-5 to E-6 in the Army.
5. What does it mean to you to Compete Every Day?
Since I have been introduced to CED, I wear a wristband everyday. It helps remind me that success is up to me everyday. It’s a choice to become better and that’s what I want in my life.
6. What is one obstacle you’re proud you’ve overcome?
An obstacle that I’m proud I overcame is being healthy. I was raised on fast food, twinkles and donuts. A lot of my family is over weight and has several health issues. I have chosen to eat healthy and to workout 5-6 times a week. For now I don’t have any of the health issues that plague my family.
7. What/who do you compete for?
I compete for my family and for me. To be better and to push myself everyday.
Connect with Megan: Instagram